Just a quick update about my e-book derived from this blog.
- I’ve finished collecting the posts I definitely want to include. Sifting through sveral years of posts was a slow process, but it’s done now.
- Next is cleaning it all up: editing for e-readers (removing links to websites, adding text that is referred to in those links, etc), re-writing so it makes sense when I edit out things that don’t work in this format, etc.
- Next up is writing some more content. One of the ways I’ll do that is use the comments on the posts as a starting point to expand on the original. Or use them to go off in a different direction. We’ll see where it all leads to.
- Making the TOC, cover design and prepping for Smashwords and Amazon.
I first had the idea to make an e-book like this over a year ago. But when I looked at my posts at that time, I didn’t seem to have enough content just yet. Not so now: in unedited form, the manuscript is about 150 pages (almost 60.000 words) which seems like a good length to make it worth your while.
I’ll also price it pretty low, I’m thinking about $2.99 or $3.99 so you won’t have to break the bank or anything.
That’s it for now, I’ll keep you up to date as things progress.