Need your help with a new bookBy
I’m working on a new book tentatively called “Surviving a Knife Attack” and I am smack in the middle of the research phase. Right now, I don’t want to give away too many details but you can guess from the title what it’s about… :-) Here’s the thing:
One of the things I’m doing with this book is using stories of actual events. I have a lot of stories already, some from well known authors and experts, but I’d like to get some more to have a bigger sample to draw information from. For that purpose, I’d like to ask your help:
- If you’ve been attacked by somebody wielding a knife or other edged weapon and successfully defended yourself.
- If you were in a situation where the knife was out but you got away, managed to de-escalate or anything else that meant no violence was used.
- If you are willing to write about this event (anonymously if you prefer).
- If you know of somebody who went through such an event and would be willing to write it up.
Please get in touch with me via my contact page. I’ll give you some more details then and we’ll see if we can work something out.
If you can’t help out in that department, no worries, there’s still something you can do: please share this post with your friends who also practice martial arts or train in self-defense. They might know somebody, even if you don’t.
In the same vein, I’m looking for two more contacts for the book:
- An FBI agent who is willing (and allowed) to do an interview about the Uniform Crime Report, in particular the data on knife attacks.
- A trauma surgeon with experience caring for victims of knife attacks (stabbings, cuts, etc.)
I would like to interview them via email or over the phone to get information about the realities of knife attacks from their perspectives and professional experience. If they prefer, they can use an alias or stay anonymous.
With all the information I have right now, the book looks very promising. But I’d like to make it as good as I possibly can so if you could direct some people who can help out towards me, that would be great. Thanks!