Who are you?
My name is Wim Demeere and I’ve been involved in Martial Arts and Self Defense for about 25 years now. I’ve been teaching for a long time and have fun writing books and making instructional videos. If you want to know more on my background, go here and click on “Info”.
How did you start this blog?
This blog is a reincarnation of a website I started in 1999. My goal back then was to do something about martial arts on the Internet. For a number of reasons, I stopped working on the site in 2006. But as of late 2008, I took up blogging and started transferring the content from the old site to this blog. At the same time, I started writing new content.
So what will you find here?
A lot of different things. Here’s a list of the most important topics I cover here:
- My thoughts on Martial arts and Self Defense
- Book and DVD reviews
- Free stuff: Sweepstakes, contests and prizes
- How-To guides
- Articles and interviews
- News about martial arts and self defense from all over the world
- Martial arts and self defense humor
What’s the goal of this blog?
My goal is to provide you with information you can use to increase the effectiveness of your training. If a review here inspires you to buy a certain book or DVD and it helps you along in your training, then I’ve achieved that goal. The same goes for when an article or How-To guide gives you an idea to try out and it increases your skills, even if just a little.
But even in the opposite case, that’s still OK. You might totally disagree with something I wrote here and that’s perfectly fine. If whatever you think I’m wrong about made you re-think your own opinion, then it wasn’t in vain. The purpose of an argument is not to be right or wrong. The real value is in the exchange of ideas and re-examining both your own and the opposition’s ideas.
What can I do here?
A lot of things actually:
- Give feedback in the comments section. This blog is interactive, and you’re free to share your insights and experience.
- Subscribe via e-mail. Once you enter your address, you need to confirm your subscription. Once you do, you receive notification whenever I post something new here. To subscribe, enter your e-mail address in the top right box of the menu.
- List members receive perks: once you subscribe via-e-mail, you automatically enter all the sweepstakes and contests. I regularly do these as a way to repay loyal visitors to this blog.
- Join me on different social media. The links are at the bottom of the page.
- Every post has a “Share This” link at the bottom. This allows you to forward the post in a variety of ways (mail, social media, etc.) to your friends it you think they might be interested.
Thanks for stopping by!